Map to St Peter’s
St Peter’s Church is very easy to find – the church is on the main High Street which runs through the town centre, near the shops and the Rex Cinema. The high clock tower is a local landmark so you’ll soon spot us.
Whether you live locally or come from further away, you are warmly invited to join us.
We are very close to the railway station and there are a number of local buses nearby.
London NorthWestern from Euston
The church is 5 minutes from Berkhamsted station. Trains leave London Euston every 15 minutes (every 30 minutes on Sundays) and usually take about 35 minutes – the destination is usually Milton Keynes or Tring.
- When you arrive at the station, come down the stairs and turn right towards the ticket hall;
- Turn right out of the station and follow Lower King’s Road over the canal up to the High Street;
- Turn left at the traffic lights and walk past the shops (you pass a Tesco on the left). St Peter’s is just after the last row of shops on the High Street
A number of local buses stop on Berkhamsted High Street. Sunday services are very limited but there is a Sunday morning service which reaches St Peter’s in good time for morning worship:
SatNav: HP4 2AX
St Peter’s is on Berkhamsted High Street which is the main road between Tring and Apsley.
PUnfortunately there is limited parking near the church but there is a pay & display car park behind Tesco, about 1 minute walk from the church. Two disabled parking spaces are provided right outside the church on a first come, first served basis.
Driving from Watford:
- Take the A41 bypass as far the the turnoff for Bourne End/Berkhamsted.
- Follow the signs for Berkhamsted – go left at the first roundabout and straight on at the second roundabout.
- Continue on through Bourne End to Berkhamsted.
- As you enter the town, you will pass the Rex Cinema on the left; continue along the High Street.
- The church is straight ahead on the right. Tesco parking is just after the row of shops on the right.
St Peter’s welcomes cyclists! Part of the long-distance Chilterns Cycleway runs through Berkhamsted along the canal, very close to St Peter’s Church.
If you are touring or cycling from somewhere local, why not drop in to enjoy our beautiful historic church or join us for worship? There are several posts on the High Street for locking up bikes.
St Peter’s welcomes boaters! The church is only 2 minutes’ walk from the Grand Union Canal (Grand Junction branch).
If you are passing through on a canal trip or mooring for a while, why not drop in to enjoy our beautiful historic church or join us for worship? The nearest moorings to St Peter’s Church are between locks 52 and 54 (near Waitrose or Raven’s Lane).