Following the changes in guidelines and legislation as part of England’s move to Stage Four of response to the Coronavirus pandemic, we are initiating the following changes at St Peter’s Berkhamsted:
- It will no longer be necessary to book a place in order to attend an act of worship at St Peter’s.
- We encourage everyone to use the QR codes at the church entrances using the NHS Track and Trace app.
- Mask wearing is now optional.
- When an act of worship will include congregational singing, we will continue to maintain distanced seating and only every other pew will be in use.
- When an act of worship does not include congregational singing, please use any available pew; however, we will continue to use only every other pew in the north and south aisles for those who feel more comfortable maintaining a greater distance.
- Hand sanitizer remains available at the entrances to St Peter’s and we encourage everyone to use it.
- The clergy will continue to observe the same mitigations as they have been in the celebration of the Eucharist.
- The clergy will continue to wear masks when giving Communion and will continue to give Communion in silence.
Although a lot is changing, our responsibility to act safely and to seek to keep those around us safe remains paramount. Please continue to be sensitive to other members of the congregation and respect people’s boundaries.
NHS Track and Trace
NHS Test & Trace QR codes are on display around St Peter’s Church building. You can scan these using the NHS COVID-19 mobile phone app. Just select “Check in to a venue” and point your phone camera at the QR code.
- Data is stored anonymously by the NHS.
- Scanning the QR is not compulsory, but it is strongly encouraged.
- If you don’t have a mobile phone, don’t worry, you are still welcome at St Peter’s!
How to get the app
Download the app from these links: